Monday, October 20, 2008

Giving the Standards FHE

We've never been the greatest at doing FHE in my family, in part because it is only us as a couple with our now seven month old daughter. Having family home evening has been difficult with our little family. But we try, and we're making progress... and hence the lesson for tonight.

I was checking my email and saw the latest advertisement from Deseret Book and LDS Living. I like getting those emails because I see my favorite things on sale, the latest news in the church... and FHE helps. This week's free FHE lesson is on standards, and is available here for use.

I've modified it into a powerpoint for our small family, and thrown in a few thoughts and questions such as "What are standards?" to introduce the lesson and "Why should we have standards?" to follow the object lessson in the article. I've also included a lot of different pictures to make the powerpoint enjoyable; these are pictures from online of the prophet, the authors quoted in the article, the savior, and other things like that.

I'm really excited to give this FHE tonight.

No comments: